Friday, April 23, 2010

Fishers of Men

The Lord gave me a vision today as I was worshipping at A1. We were singing about how God is God of the city, nation, world. I recalled Jesus saying he would make us fishers of men. Of course, I always thought of myself and other believers as being the fisherman. However, today, I saw the body of Christ as the net that catches the fish. God casts the church across the city and world to reach people for Christ. The trick is, the cords of the net must all be linked together to be effective. There can’t be any holes in it or the fish will slip through the net and be lost. The holes in the net of the church represent division, judgementalism, unforgiveness, bitterness, jealousy and of course, pride. We must mend our nets. We must have a healthy body of Christ so that we can reach the world for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment